Working with the Microsoft Graph API? Use the following Microsoft Graph developer resources to guide your journey.
Microsoft Graph Dev Center
Bookmark the Microsoft Graph Dev Center for easy access to API docs, tools, code samples, SDKs, and more.
- Microsoft Graph Dev Center: https://developer.microsoft.com/graph/rest-api
Microsoft Graph Dev Account
Join the Microsoft 365 Developer program to create a sandbox that you can use to develop and test your API integration.
- Microsoft 365 Developer Program registration: https://developer.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/dev-program
Microsoft Graph Docs
Read the Microsoft Graph docs to learn basic concepts and explore advanced topics like authentication, best practices, and more. Then consult the API Reference section of the docs for details about API objects & methods.
** Hint: To find a specific topic in the docs, use the Filter by title textbox that’s located above the table of contents.
Microsoft Graph SDKs
Find the SDK for your language of choice, then follow instructions in its GitHub README page to install and use the SDK. All Microsoft Graph SDKs are published to GitHub.
- SDK info in the docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/graph/sdks/sdks-overview
- GitHub: https://github.com/microsoftgraph
Microsoft Graph API tutorials, code samples, tools, & more
Use the following tutorials, code samples, and tools to accelerate your learning process and streamline your development journey.
- Use a Microsoft Graph tutorial to build a basic application that accesses data via Microsoft Graph: https://docs.microsoft.com/graph/tutorials.
- Explore code samples in the Microsoft Graph Resources gallery: https://developer.microsoft.com/graph/gallery/?filterBy=Samples.
- Find code samples in GitHub by searching the
microsoftgraphorg’s list of repositories for keywords like
- Review code examples in the API Reference section of the docs (for each API method you’ll be using): https://docs.microsoft.com/graph/api/overview.
- Use components from the
Microsoft Graph Toolkitto easily incorporate Microsoft Graph into your application: https://docs.microsoft.com/graph/toolkit/overview.
- Use the
Microsoft Graph Explorerto try out Microsoft Graph API requests: https://docs.microsoft.com/graph/graph-explorer/graph-explorer-overview.
Microsoft Graph support
Turn to the following resources for help when you’re stuck.
- Use the
microsoft-graph-apitag to search for previously asked questions on Stack Overflow, and/or to post your own questions there: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/microsoft-graph-api.
- Browse previous threads in the
Microsoft Graph Q&Aforum, and/or post your own questions there: https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/products/graph.
- Explore other support resources via the Microsoft Graph support page: https://developer.microsoft.com/graph/support.
Microsoft Graph social channels
Follow on Twitter, watch how-to videos on YouTube, and check out the blog to stay informed about all things development.
Notice an issue on this page? Use this form to report the problem and if confirmed, I’ll buy you a coffee!